Thursday, March 28, 2013

Notes about the Glam Fever App


The app gives you what looks like lot of currency to start, and you can earn more, but things are priced high so that the provided currency spends very fast. There is the option to purchase more currency in the app (in my case, thru itunes.) It would be wise to play for a while before deciding to spend real money.

The app rewards a few coins for writing a review, so most of the reviews are from new users who are doing it just to earn a few coins. Which renders most of the reviews meaningless since few users have been playing much.

The app is a bit buggy, sometimes quits unexpectedly. I have been unable to send some of the items I earned to my Stardoll suite. Trying to send these items crashes the app. It is better to decline sending the item when you first earn it and then try sending it from the item list. 

There is little help in the app. I keep guessing what things to do when. I paid for a date and later got asked on a date and then it was free. I broke up with one of my admirers and lost glam! I bought a dress, but then found that wearing a top and skirt got me more glam. I learned that paying for more fever was a very bad bargain. Learning has been a lot of trial and error. 

I find that continuing to play Glam fever has diminishing returns. Some of the gifts will not send to my suite. I still have not gotten the dog on a stretcher. I want to get the gifts from accepting dates but they have to ask!

There are a lot of pop-ups for other games. This can be very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If appropriate, you comment will appear soon. All comments are viewed before posting. There has been several phishing scammers placing links in comments and tricking Stardoll members. To be safe, never click on a link provided in a blog comment.